Top 10 Things to Do in the Sand
Category : Uncategorized
There’s no doubt that the Emerald Coast provides constant fun in the sun for all ages! Sometimes it’s the little things that create the best memories when you are with your family and friends. So, kick off your flip-flops and let your wallet take a break, and have some free sandy fun today! Here is a Floridian’s top 10 picks when chilling on the sandy beach:
1. Sand-Castles: You are never too old to build a sand castle. And with this beautiful white sand at Ft Walton beach, the options on what to create are endless. All you need is a bucket, a shovel, and your imagination!
2. Tanning: Everyone wants to glow after spending some time in the Florida sun! And every Floridian knows the best way to do this is at the beach. Grab your tanning oil, your sun block and, a beach towel! All you have to do next is lay down and just simply relax.
3. Collecting seashells: What’s a better souvenir from Florida than an authentic seashell?! Guess what…they are all over the beach! Make a game out of it and see how many you can collect while vacationing. You’ll have something amazing to bring home with you.
4. Long walks/or runs: Exercise is super important! So why not do it, and have a scenic view at the same time? Looks like a win-win situation to me.
5. Naps: When you’re on vacation what’s a better excuse honestly? Just get comfy on the sand and allow the beach waves to create your perfect soundtrack to a restful slumber.
6. Make sand angels: Want to make your friends in the North jealous? When they send you pictures of them in the cold making “snow angels,” hit them right back with a picture of you making “sand angels!” Jackpot, you win.
7. Have a picnic: No matter what your meal choice is, it’s always better at the beach. The views, the sounds, and ultimately the experience is something you can’t top.
8. Fly a kite: With a beautiful beach breeze a kite can soar great heights! Have fun running across the squeaky sand with your loved ones!
9. Metal detectors: Let’s be honest…you sometimes find some strange things tucked away under the sand. But, no doubt you feel accomplished regardless what you find! Discover all the hidden secrets the Emerald Coast has hidden in the sugary-white sand.
10. Read a book: No matter what time of day or day of the week, a book and the view of the Gulf will never fail. Plop yourself down right in a beach chair and dip your toes into the sand.