Favorite Spots at the Fort Walton Beach Boardwalk
Category : Uncategorized
The boardwalk on Okaloosa Island is a favorite hotspot for both locals and tourists alike. Conveniently located right on HWY 98, it’s a hub of beach activities. The Fort Walton Beach boardwalk offers the best of shopping and dining alike, along with some of the best views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Make a day of it enjoying time on the sand, playing volleyball, or walking the pier and enjoying the amazing sights. Spend some time walking the boardwalk, stopping in at your favorite shops, and grabbing a bite to eat. You can arrive dressed to the nines or walk in with sandy toes – either way, you’re sure to find something to do!
Let’s talk food! Whether you’re spending a day on the beach or out for a day of shopping, sooner or later, you’ll find yourself seeking something mouth-watering to appease your appetite!
No worries, you’ve come to the right place. The boardwalk offers a spectacular lineup of eateries from which to choose.
- The Black Pearl – The Black Pearl Island Grill offers an amazing array of dishes with a Caribbean flair, fantastic cocktails, and beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico. We recommend a sunset dinner of Ahi Tuna, starting off with the conch fritters. You just can’t go wrong with whatever you order from their menu.
- The Crab Trap – Another favorite of locals and tourists alike is this awesome spot. Offering a plethora of seafood to choose from, you’ll be sure to find a favorite! They even have a specialized children’s menu. Our favorites here are the Hot Crab Dip and the Port St. Joe Salad.
- Al’s Beach Club – For a slightly more relaxed atmosphere, Al’s Beach Club is the place to be! These guys offer a pretty amazing cheeseburger with sweet potato fries that will have you returning for additional visits! Their craft beers and live entertainment offer a good time to be had by all!
- Rockin’ Tacos – When you’re ready to spice things up, Rockin’ Tacos is Fort Walton Beach’s hot spot! This restaurant offers a great atmosphere and even better food. You can shoot a game or two of pool as you wait for your food. Be sure to try the Avocado Fries. If you still have room for more, we recommend the Gator Tacos for a change of pace.
Once your tummy is happy and you’re ready to put your shopping shoes on, be sure to check out these shops for some beachy finds:
- Islander’s Outfitters – This cool little shop has been a favorite of the locals for 37 years. Their laid back, surfer style clothing is sure to be one of your favorites, as well.
- Surfside Outfitters/ Coastal Currents -Another happening little surf shop offering cool clothing and hip attire. You’re sure to find something for your Island-wear collection!
- Kittyhawk Kites– Whether you’re looking for apparel or gifts, this shop is sure to please! Offering both amateur and professional grade kite systems, you’re sure to be in awe of the selection.
When it’s time to entertain the kiddos, be sure to check out the splash pad off the boardwalk! If you’re lucky enough to be visiting during the Summer months, be sure to visit our boardwalk on Wednesday nights to enjoy our weekly fireworks show at 9 pm. You’re sure to have a blast!
We look forward to seeing you! We hope you enjoy your visit to FtWaltonBeach!
Leave a Reply